CPH Plumbing LTD
Under data protection law, individuals have the right to be informed about how we use the personal data we hold about them.
CPH Plumbing LTD understands that your privacy is important to you and that you care about how your information is used and shared. We respect and value the privacy of everyone who enquiries about or uses our services and will only collect and use your data in ways that are useful to you and in a manner consistent with your rights and our obligations under the law.
All individuals associated with CPH Plumbing LTD have the right to:
- Access their data easily
- Have their data rectified/updated upon request
- Have their data removed
- Restrict any processing of their data
- Move their data
- Object to their data being used
CPH Plumbing LTD, 24 Stockingstone Road, Luton, Beds, LU2 7NB, we are the for the purposes of data protection law the “data controller”.
The lead contact for data protection is Craig Henry.
The personal data we hold:
Personal data that we may collect, use, store and share about our customers, but is not restricted to:
- Contact details, phone number(s) and address(es)
- Residential status, home owner, tenant etc
- Financial records, when and how payments are made
- Registration of equipment and fitting in line with Gas Safe regulations
Why do we use this data?
- To maintain business records
- General business administration
- To comply with the law regarding tax, safeguarding and other business requirements
- Invoicing and payment records
We will only collect customers data were necessary and when the law allows us to. We may process data in situations where we will ask for explicit consent. We will make this clear when we ask for consent and this consent can be withdrawn at any time.
When we seek to collect information from you that is not mandatory we will explain the possible consequences of not complying.
How we store this data?
Information is collected at the point of enquiry and following work completed.
Information is gathered from the details provided in your initial enquiry, by email or telephone.
We store personal data about our customers on an encrypted external hard drive stored in the UK and is GDPR compliant.
We also have a website which is maintained by CPH Plumbing LTD.
Neither of these data sources pass your details on to a 3rd party for marketing etc.
The devices we use are password protected as are the online systems we use. They are also encrypted. Documents that contain personal data are password protected. In the occasion that we use paper records they are never shared outside of the dance school and are kept secure in a lockable case. The only people who have access to this are those who work at the dance school.
CPH Plumbing LTD uses one email provider gmail this company is GDPR compliant and have their own privacy policies.
The data is collected when customers enquire about our service or undertake services with CPH Plumbing LTD.
We do not share information with 3rd parties unless the law or our policies allow us to.
We may share personal information with:
- Gas Safe who are the regulatory body in relation to the installation or maintenance of gas appliances
- HMRC in relation to financial and tax purposes of the company
- Customer rights regarding personal data
- Customers have a right to make a ‘subject access request’ to gain access to personal information which CPH Plumbing holds about them.
- Customers also have the right to make a ‘subject access request’ with respect to personal data the company holds about them.
- Give you a description of it
- Tell you why we are holding and processing it and how long we will keep it for
- Tell you who it has been, or who it will be shared with
- Tell you how long we will hold your data
- We will hold onto financial records in line with HRMC guidelines
- We will hold onto accident reports until students are 21
Under data protection law, individuals have certain rights regarding how their personal data is used and kept safe, including the right to:
Object to the use of personal data if it would cause, or is causing damage or distress
Prevent it being used to send direct marketing
Object to decisions being taken by automated means
In certain circumstances have inaccurate personal data corrected.
Take control of how your data is used
We will use your data to send you invoices and news and information.
We ask for explicit consent to:
- Share the relevant data with the Gas Safe governing body, for the purpose of, registering new gas equipment installation and maintaining equipment on an ongoing basis
- Give permission as a joint data controller with the Gas Safe governing body, for the customers names to be printed on certificates.
- Give permission for CPH plumbing LTD to use customer feedback provided online via Trust a Trader (customer names will be displayed)
If you wish to opt out of, or limit what we send to you and how we use your data please email us at email@example.com.
To make a data access request please email firstname.lastname@example.org
If you think that our collection and use of personal information is unfair, misleading or inappropriate, or have any other concern about our data processing, please raise this with Mr Craig Henry.
You may also wish to contact the Information Commissioners Office [ICO] for help or advice. You can find them at www.ico.org.uk
We will review this policy on a regular basis and make updates when it is necessary.